Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Spinach & Artichoke Dip

Parties Galore!!!
Hi everyone! This is my first post and I am very excited about sharing my recipes with y'all! It's almost summer and if your family is anything like mine, it means you'll be entertaining a whole lot more.  In the past month, we've had 2 celebrations in our family- my sister graduated with her MBA and got engaged!!! =) Even though it's always fun to have friends and family over, entertaining can be a drab when it comes to selecting the menu.  But it doesn't have to be.  With my Spinach & Artichoke Dip, your guests will keep coming back for more.  Now I know there are a lot of recipes out there but here is one that I've tweaked and perfected and I hope you enjoy it as much as my friends!

Ingredients:
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4-1/2 tsp black pepper
1 can artichoke hearts (drained & finely chopped)
1 (8 oz) package reduced fat Philadelphia cream cheese (room temperature)
1 (8 oz) package fat free Philadelphia cream cheese (room temperature)
7 oz frozen chopped spinach (defrosted and water squeezed out)
2 TBSP chopped pickled jalapenos (gives it a nice tang/kick)
Dash of crushed red pepper flakes (love the red)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese, sour cream, 2 TBSP parmesan cheese, and the next 6 ingredients
3. Mix/ blend well
4. Spoon into a baking dish
5. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese & 2 TBSP parmesan cheese
6. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes (top layer of cheese will be golden brown and bubbly)
Serve with tortilla and/or pita chips

XOXO,
Kinnari

2 comments:

  1. I made this over the weekend as an appetizer for some company we had and it was a hit!!.. The jalapeƱos really add that extra burst of flavor and I will definitely be makin this again soon!!.. Thanks k for a quick and delicious recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it was a hit and your company enjoyed it! Thanks for letting me know how it went. Let us know what you think of the other recipes once you've tried them out as well.

    ReplyDelete